Generic placeholder image

Mellifont Abbey

The first Cistercian monastery in Ireland founded in 1142 by St Malachy of Armagh, its most unusual feature is the octagonal Lavabo c. 1200. The Visitor Centre houses an interesting exhibition on the work of masons in the Middle Ages with fine examples of

Location: 10km north-west of Drogheda off the R168 (Drogheda-Collon Road)


Location & Information


Location: , Tullyallen, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Tel:

Email:

http://www.heritageireland.ie/en/midlandseastcoast/OldMellifontAbbey/